Firefighters answer call to small fire at PG&E substation in Butte County
BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Firefighters were called to the location of a small fire that briefly sparked outside the Cottonwood PG&E substation off Highway 99 south of Chico.
CAL FIRE reports a capacitor malfunctioned and briefly caught fire. Firefighters remained on the scene as PG&E crews completed repairs.
The incident occurred around 8:20 p.m. Monday night at the station on Cottonwood Road. The situation was mitigated and fire crews were able to leave the scene by 10:30 p.m.
A 500 K-V capacitor malfunctioned outside the station. No injuries were reported.