Several schools closed Friday due to Camp Fire
Update as of 11:50 a.m. Friday, November 9:
Chico Unified School District has announced all schools within the district will be closed until November 26.
This is due to the school having a hard time meeting staffing requirements, their internet is down, and the air quality is bad.
The Orland Union School District reported on Friday that their schools would be closed for the day because of the Camp Fire raging through Butte County.
The school closure comes as a result of many of the school staff being impacted by evacuations.
The Glenn County Office of Education also reported that the following schools and programs would be closed Friday:
- Hamilton Union School District
- Orland Union School District
- Walden Academy in Willows
- All Glenn Adult Education Programs
- Success One! Charter School
- All child and family services