MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Redding police officer rescues woman from house fire


KRCR News Channel 7.

One woman was taken to the hospital Tuesday morning after being rescued from a house fire by a Redding police officer.

According to the Redding Fire Department, the fire started around 9:32 a.m. Tuesday morning. Firefighters responded to 6202 Westside Road, where a Redding police officer had already rescued a woman from the burning house.

Officials said the woman was later transported to Mercy Medical Center for smoke inhalation.

The firefighters first on scene reported smoke coming from a single-story home with fire extending to the attic area.

The fire required a second alarm, which means all on-duty fire personnel responded to the incident.

The fire was quickly brought under control and crews remained on scene for overhaul. The structure sustained smoke and heat damage throughout, which will require significant repairs.

The fire was determined to be caused by an electrical failure.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending