Red Bluff man arrested after sexually assaulting a juvenile for 10 years
RED BLUFF, Calif. —
The Red Bluff Police Department investigated and arrested a man accused of sexually assaulting a juvenile for the past 10 years.
On Friday, detectives began their investigation into a sexual assault case which had been reported earlier in the week.
During the course of the investigation, detectives found Raymond Cruz, 50, of Red Bluff, had been repeatedly assaulting the same juvenile victim for a decade.
According to the police department, Cruz was arrested on the following charges:
- Lewd and lascivious acts wit ha child under 14 by force or fear
- Oral copulation with victim under 14 and suspect has a 10 year age difference
- Oral copulation with victim under 16 and suspect is over 21 years of age
- Aggravated sexual assault of a child to commit rape
- Aggravated sexual assault of a child to commit oral copulation
- False imprisonment
- Assault with intent to commit rape or oral copulation
- Rape by force or fear
- Ongoing sexual abuse of a child
- Endangering a child or causing a child or permitting a child to suffer physical pain
- Mental suffering or injury
Cruz was booked into the Tehama County Jail on a $3,605,000 bail.